Friday, July 16, 2010

July 15 Day and Night

Got up early and went to class for my FINAL EXAM! It wasn't too horrible. There were definitely a couple I didn't know, but overall it went well. The oral part also wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, and we out out an half hour early. Me, Nicole, and Karen went to get empanadas and ice cream (I've decided since I've already gained at least 5 or 10 pounds here, I might as well eat as much of the fabulous ice cream as possible in my last 3 days). I went back to the school to buy an over the shoulder bag (my replacement for wanting to buy a new backpack) then I went to la calle florida to, of course, buy more stuff. AFTER 4 WEEKS OF SEARCHING, I FINALLY FOUND A SWEATSHIRT! NO WAY. I was fairly sure there wasn't such a thing as a sweatshirt here. I wore my new peacoat today (which is black, wool, and goes down to my knees) and I was surprised how few people looked at me as a tourist! I guess that coat was the key to looking Argentine. haha. I also bought a couple touristy things, another t-shirt (I swear, it's the last one... but they're SO cheap...), and a MATE CUP! I decided mate (the national drink of Argentina) is ridiculously awesome. I had it for the first time yesterday in class. One of my teachers, Vera (who is the best teacher EVER), brought in her mate cup and let everyone drink it for a couple hours in class! I decided I just had to buy a mate cup and yerba mate to bring home. Mate culture is a big thing here. Everyone passes it around, and it's a major part of Argentine culture. After I got home, I started packing (NOOOOOOOOO) which royally sucked. How can a month go by SO FREAKING FAST. Not fair. I've also gone on a ridiculous music downloading spree... it's not my fault the Spanish raeggaeton is impossible to get out of your head! :)We had potato torta (I think) for dinner. Later, I went to the bar with a bunch of friends. However, being a Thursday night, everyone was at Club Araoz (Lost), so Abby and I decided to go there instead. We danced from 3am until now (and it's 6:40am). I met some people from Brasil and Peru! I love boliches! I decided it's not worth sleeping yet, since I have class in 3 hours. All we're doing is getting our exam back and eating chocotorta though! YAY! Then I'll take a nap, finish packing, maybe see some more of the city (but I've basically done all the necessities of things to see and do in Buenos Aires), then go to a boliche one last night before I head home.

No comments:

Post a Comment