Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July 13-14

July 13- Went to class from 9:30-2:30pm, and then came home and finished my homework. Me, Jacob, and Lewis went to La Boca (the most dangerous, yet incredibly famous Buenos Aires barrio) to visit Boca Juniors Stadium and see all the beautifully colored houses. We were planning on going to a tango show there as well, but none of them were open. Lewis and I took a taxi about 15 minutes away to a different neighborhood and made reservations for a different tango show. We were there really early, so we rode the purple subte (one of the lines I hadn't ridden yet) then went to a bar and got a drink. This was the best drink I've had, ever. It was a mango milkshake with vodka. It really doesn't get any better than that, especially for only 20 pesos. We went to the dinner and tango show at 8:30pm. It cost just over $100 USD including tip, which included unlimited drinks (Lewis drank an entire bottle of wine) and we got to choose an appetizer, main entree, and desert from a list of options. I had a caesar salad, giant steak, and vanilla ice cream with raspberry sauce and kiwis. It was SUPER high class fancy awesomeness, but Lewis and I apparently didn't get the memo that we should probably dress up. We were probably the only people wearing jeans. The tango show started around 10:15pm and went on for at least an hour (see videos and photos on facebook soon). It was a really incredible show. We went back to the same bar following the show, due to incredible vodka milkshakes, and hung out for a while. We made it home around 1:30am then went to bed.

July 14- Today was my last day of class lecture. After class, I spent a couple hours walking up and down Cabildo (the main street in Belgrano) to find a black peacoat (the most ridiculously popular, cute, warm jacket here). I finally found one that was actually less than 500 pesos after about 2 hours of searching. I came home, took a shower, and studied for my final (which is tomorrow). We had delicious meat and rice for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment