Monday, July 12, 2010

July 12

Today was COLD. I went to class, then left right after to visit Puerto Madero. This barrio is the safest in all of Buenos Aires, and it's very beautiful (see facebook photos soon). I walked around the entire city for about 2 1/2 hours to see all the parks and ports. I tried to go to the ecological reserve on the river, but it was closed today so I might have to try to make it back there another day. There's nothing much in the way of fancy activities in Puerto Madero, but it was just a fun place to spend the afternoon, despite the intense cold and wind. I got back home around 6pm, then did my homework and spent quite a long time defrosting my hands and ears from the afternoon in the port. We had delicious pasta for dinner. The past few evenings my host family's grandchildren have been over and they are completely precious. I'm fairly sure their Spanish is better than my English. haha. But I'm very glad my Spanish has improved SIGNIFICANTLY. It's a shame I can't stay longer and actually become completely fluent. I'll just have to return someday. My host padre Luciano told me when I come back we're going to visit Ushuaia! But I have to come back in September because that's the best time to see the penguins! It was a good day today. Tomorrow is going to be quite action-packed!

No comments:

Post a Comment